How to upgrade Windows 7?
Upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool.
With the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft, you can upgrade your Windows 7. We give you a few conditions that you need to fulfill before downloading the tool:
- You’ll need a Windows 10 license key
- Make sure that you meet the minimum hardware requirements
- Be sure that you have the latest version, Windows 7 Service Pack 1
If you have downloaded the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft, follow these steps:
- Launch the MediaCreationTool.exe
- Accept the licensing agreement
- Select the option Upgrade This PC Now
- Fill in a valid Windows 10 license key
- Accept the licensing agreement once again
- Select the option Keep Personal Files and Apps
- Hit the Install Button
Preparing for Windows 7 End of Life
Make sure that you make a full backup. If the update should fail, you can always do a system restore without any data loss. For Windows 7, follow these steps:
- Hit Start, in the search bar you need to enter Windows Easy Transfer and select it in the Programs list
- Simply follow the instructions to transfer your data.
Make sure that you upgrade all your installations if you have multiple machines. Identify machines that need to be upgraded with an IT network inventory tool. With these tools, you can isolate systems that can’t be updated or upgraded so you’ll know which ones you need to replace.
We recommend you to begin as soon as possible, this way you have more time to upgrade while Windows 7 is still supported. Windows 7 will be end of life on January 14th, 2020.